- Go to the Blackberry Options application.
- Select “Networks and Connections” from the Option list.
- From there, scroll down and select ‘Bluetooth Connections’.
- Make sure Bluetooth is ‘ON’, and then press the Blackberry Menu button.
- Scroll down and choose “Options” (below ‘MAP’ Options).
- From there, scroll down to the ‘Services’ section and UNCHECK the “Desktop Connectivity” and
“Wireless Bypass” boxes (both under the “Serial Port Profile” group.)
- Press the back button and save your settings when prompted.
The Desktop Connectivity option is only required when you need to connect your Blackberry to the
Blackberry desktop software via Bluetooth; this does not affect connecting your Blackberry to your
PC via USB. If you require Bluetooth connectivity to your PC you may have to check this option